CBT Call Notes – 02/02/17
- NYSAA is moving along nicely
- The ELA and Math test administration window opens on March 20th
- Data in the Educator Portal should be under review for accuracy.
- DLM has just made Building Principal/District Administrator online training video available. An article has been placed in the NYSAA section on cbtsupport.nysed.gov under Resources which contains an informational flyer & links to access the video, PowerPoint slide deck & video transcript. People can enroll in an optional online Q & A chat on February 16th after viewing the video. The purpose is to respond to questions regarding the content of the video.
Grades 3 – 8
- For iOS (iPads) and Chromebooks, the scan may indicate that the device is not supported even if the System Requirements say that the device should be supported.
- Please be sure to tell your districts to go by the information in the System Requirements to determine if devices are supported for CBT.
- To be clear, schools CAN use iPads and Chromebooks for testing as long as they meet the System Requirements as identified under the Mobile/Tablet section on the Questar website.
- Roadshow locations are tentatively set and we will be contacting the RIC Coordinators as the next steps:
- Monday, March 6: WNYRIC, Buffalo
- Tuesday, March 7: Wayne Finger Lakes
- Wednesday, March 8: SCRIC, Binghamton
- Thursday, March 9: Nassau RIC
- Monday, March 13: Lake Placid (NERIC)
- January 30th webinar recording is posted on CBT Support in the Resources section: http://bit.ly/2kocDXB
- Proctor webinar registration will begin the week of February 6th for the February 28th
- Work is being done on the various manuals – School Administrators Manual & Scoring Leader Handbook, which are being updated for CBT.
- Expected timeframe/deliver to field: early March. Will coincide with the opening of Nextera Admin for student/class data review and setup.
- Reminder: Educator Guides for Grades 3-8 are available on EngageNY: https://www.engageny.org/resource/test-guides-english-language-arts-and-mathematics
- Stand-alone field testing assignments: reminder that assignments will be sent to schools in mid-March, and then we will work on a timeframe for student data collection for field testing on computers.
- Lead scoring entity review is nearly done. Questar will start emailing Lead Scoring Entities next week.
- Review has begun on the video tutorials we can add for this year to help prepare our operational & field testing schools
- Work is being done on ScorePoint/CBT Scoring FAQ’s.
- More FAQ’s will be coming from the Roadshow Round Table discussions.