CBT Call Notes - February 10, 2017
Grades 3 – 8
Lead Scoring Entity Changes:
- We have about 5 more schools to confirm their final Lead Scoring Entity
- We have a school that recently developed a new contract with a scoring vendor
- Please let us know if you have heard from any schools who may be pursuing a similar such contract/arrangement
- Changes to the Lead Scoring Entities, for such instances, will be accepted up until February 17th, which is the last day any changes can be made to the Lead Scoring Entity.
- February 17th is also the day that operational CBT Math student data is due to L2. If you have any questions about this, please email them to: email@example.com
- The ELA Operational CBT file has passed validation at Questar
- They are beginning to populate Nextera Admin. This process could take 2 – 3 weeks.
- Please be sure that your CBT schools know that Nextera Admin is not expected to “open” for students/classed until after March 1st
- (Note: Nextera Admin "open" dates are now posted: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115000731903)
- Development is currently in progress for the RIC Roll new features for Nextera Admin.
- We are currently planning ScorePoint Sessions. Below is a list of the sites we will be having these:
- WINYRIC, March 6th
- Wayne-Finger Lakes, March 7th
- South Central (Binghamton), March 8th
- Long island (Nassau), March 9th
- North Country, March 13th
- Registration for the Proctor Webinar, scheduled for February 28th, should be posted soon.
- Currently we are in UAT Testing at NYSED with the ScorePoint 3.0 product, which will be used during the ScorePoint training sessions for a hands-on training session. Bring lap top computers if you have them. This only runs on laptops and you will need Chrome Version 49 or a more current version. This is a web-based program for the training.
- ScorePoint statewide training session is tentatively planned for March 15th.
- We anticipate no problems from Questar in managing the “marriage” of student test data for a student who may be taking test sessions on a mix of paper and computer. Questar presently manages this type of data workflow for other states.
- Text to Speech – we are hoping to release Math Grades 4 and 7 to the Production Question Sampler between February 20 – 27th. Stay tuned for specifics/updates, which will be posted to CBT Support and via the listservs.
- Reminder: NYSAA Test Administration window opens on March 20th
- All data should be in the educator portal – teachers should also be set up
- Efforts should be made to ensure all the information in the educator portal is accurate and that teachers/students are rostered properly
- All High School students need to be in 9th grade
- New feature in NYSAA – this feature allows test administrators to track students’ progress. New field that is called test progress – displays the number of testlets that are completed in certain areas
- We are firming up our training dates for Fall 2017. We are making an effort to keep the training relevant & responsive to the needs of the field. Suggestions of things that should be discussed during these sessions should be sent to CBTSupport@nysed.gov with Fall 2017 NYSAA Training in the subject line
- We did receive notification from the DLM Service Desk that there was a breach of PII information that was sent from a school to the DLM service desk. We have sent a message strongly urging that PII information should not be sent, via email, under any circumstances as it is not a safe way to submit information. They should be using the NYSIS id only. Please stress this with your districts/schools. We will be reaching out to the school where the incident occurred as well.