CBT Weekly Meeting, Meeting Notes: Friday, March 3, 2017
Beginning with the 2015-16 school year, ELA and mathematics will be assessed using Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) computer-based assessments. DLM is a computer-delivered adaptive assessment measuring a student’s achievement of the ELA and Mathematics Common Core Learning Standards at a reduced level of depth, breadth, and complexity. This computerized assessment provides the opportunity to customize the assessment to the individual abilities and needs of the student. It is designed to measure a wide range of proficiencies of students, is quicker and easier to administer and score, and provides useful information to teachers to inform future instruction for the student. The Science and Social Studies NYSAA will continue to be submitted in the current hard-copy or datafolio-style format, with Measured Progress as the current contractor. The key characteristics of the Science and Social Studies NYSAA are the same as in previous years.
The dates for next year are: March 14 - June 8 2018
There will be improvements around the training due to this switch. Was done separately but now will be done together/combined into the DLM training in the fall
The memo that announces this change is posted on CBT Support under Announcements. It is not showing up correctly on CBT support so our Tech Team is working on it. It is also posted on the OSA Website.
We will be posting today ELA and Math documents materials collections on CBT Support. Last year things weren't readily available. DLM has provided us with very thorough information by grade level. These are lengthy documents - 10+ pages. There is a separate section for students with visual impairments. Be sure you read carefully to be sure you are in the correct section.
NYSAA ELA & Math test admin window opens in 2 weeks & two days. From our perspective, this has been going smoothly. All information should be in and accurate but if you have not checked your data yet, please do so.
The check-in system for HS students has not been done yet but will be done in the week the window opens
Grades 3-8 CBT
Score point roadshows kick off on Monday. Please contact CBT Support if you would like to attend:
- Monday, March 6 - Buffalo
- Tuesday, March 7 - Wayne Finger Lakes
- Wednesday, March 8: Binghamton
- Thursday, March 9: Long Island (Nassau)
- Monday, March 13: Plattsburgh
Registration URL: https://www.surverymonkey.com/r/NYSScorePoint
Proctor training FAQs will be posted soon on CBT support.
- We are having difficulty getting the video up on CBT support and will try to have that fixed by next week.
- Update, 3/5/17: the video is available: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001154103
- Proctor Training Webinar presentation slides can be found on CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001076886
Field testing assignments have been posted to the Office of State Assessment website.
- An FAQ has been posted on CBT support with the link to the spreadsheet location: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hcen_us/articles/115001130063
Nextera Admin opens on Monday, March 6th for operational ELA:
- Class and student data will be available.
- Update, 3/5/17: the additional practice tests will not be available until Monday, March 13th.