CBT Meeting Notes – March 10, 2017
- Reminder the testing window is approaching soon – March 20 – June 2. The big news – please do not create rosters until Monday, March 13th, after 8:00 a.m. DLM is doing clean-up work
- As we are approaching the testing window, teachers are currently the only individuals that can access student’s usernames & passwords. Once the testing window opens DTCs/BTCs will be able to access them
- We are currently in a data clean up phase. District staff needs to come up with procedures to be sure teachers know how to handle different situations if they arise so a chain of command needs to be created & shared.
- Teachers need to be sure they complete their MOODLE training and score an 80% or higher.
- Teachers need to review and submit the first contact student survey
- Please review & check all student data: names, DOB, grade, race, gender, etc. We want to be sure the testlets are being delivered correctly.
- There are currently only rosters for ELA & Math, not for science
- A teacher cannot administer a test until they have finished the training & have signed security agreement electronically, in the Educator Portal.
- DTC’s can start your clean-up. You can run extracts, etc. Information on how to do this is in the Data Management Manual
- Please be sure you have a valid NYSSIS ID’s 10-digit number – they do not begin with 0’s
- The department will be making sure the students listed as Grade 12 are changed to Grade 9
- If you have any students that need to be exited, please do so.
- If students need to be exited due to ineligibility, DTCs/BTCs can use exit code 30 or 18.
- We will only send a message notifying folks to create rosters if there is some reason that can’t go back to creating rosters on Monday.
Grades 3-8 ELA and Math
- The additional practice tests available in the Nextera Secure Browser are now available!
- Announcement and FAQ on CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001269226
- The SAM is now available from the OSA website: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001359443
- There is an announcement and link to the location on the OSA website on CBT Support (http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/manuals/#ei).
- The final ScorePoint Training Session (Roadshow) is on Monday in Plattsburgh (March 13).
- Please contact CBT Support if you want to attend:
- The ScorePoint training sessions held this week from Monday to Thursday were a great success. We learned a lot from our attendees and will be sharing FAQs later next week.
- We are developing a Quick Troubleshooting Guide to assist Scoring Directors with running scoring on ScorePoint, such as make sure to clear browser cache and make sure caps-lock is off for users trying to log into ScorePoint.
- We have some data issues that we’re working out for a handful of schools.
- Please make sure your schools are logging into Nextera Admin to review class/student data.
- Remember, the District Test Coordinator (DTC) is the user who will create new users (such as building level users, BLU) and activate teacher accounts that were loaded as part of the Pre-ID file.
- We are planning to send a Pre-ID file to Questar this afternoon or Monday to update any missing class/student data, so we need for the review to happen for operational ELA schools.
If you would like to be added to the CBT Listserv, please send an email to CBT Support with your first, last name, email address (must be a school or school district affiliated domain), BEDS Code & other identifying information and you will be added to the list: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001183923