The attached Quick Reference Guide provides details about the Text-to-Speech functionality available through the Questar Secure Browser. Text-to-Speech (TTS) is the computer-delivered accommodation for the Test Read accommodation. This accommodation is available in all grade levels, ELA and Math, and can be set for a student in Nextera Admin. Students must have the Test Read accommodation noted in their IEP or 504 plan to have TTS enabled for computer-based testing (CBT).
Students should be provided with headphones for the TTS test accommodation.
- Students should have been given the opportunity to practice with the TTS functionality prior to taking the CBT field test.
- Practice Tests with TTS are available either through the publicly available Question Sampler, CBT Resources section, or from the Questar Secure Browser:
- What are the CBT options for my students that make use of the Test Read testing accommodations?
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) Player Functionality
- Documentation: How to set student testing accommodations for CBT
- How can my school order the Test Read accommodation in CBT for my grade