Previously, we have informed our schools and districts that paper copies of the Test Read booklets would be shipped to schools for CBT Field Testing. This is not correct.
Questar is not shipping paper copies of Test Read booklets to schools participating in computer-based field tests.
Any student that should be provided with the the Test Read accommodation during state tests as noted in her/his IEP or 504 plan has the following option for participating in CBT:
- Text-to-Speech: the Text-to-Speech (TTS) accommodation can be set for a student in Nextera Admin ahead of accessing the field test. This will provide computer-delivered functionality that reads the test to the student. Students should be provided with headphones for the TTS test accommodation.
- Students should have been given the opportunity to practice with the TTS functionality prior to taking the CBT field test.
- Practice Tests with TTS are available either through the publicly available Question Sampler, http://bit.ly/2fdm1dX, or from the Nextera Secure Browser:
- Login information to ELA Practice Tests: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001238023
- Login information to Math Practice Tests: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001846966
- A Quick Reference Guide for TTS is available in Resources on CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115002539883
Some schools have inquired after the option for a human reader to read the computer screen to a student testing on CBT. This is only allowed IF this method of test delivery matches daily instruction for the student and this method of delivery is noted in a student's IEP or 504 plan.