The communication below was sent to principals, school leaders, and school superintendents on June 23, 2017 to announce the availability of student constructed responses for students who tested on computer (CBT) for parents who request a review of their student's test.
To: Principals of Public and Nonpublic Schools, Leaders of Charter Schools
CC: School Superintendents
From: Steven E. Katz
Date: June 23, 2017
This spring your school administered the New York State Grades 3 – 8 English Language Arts (ELA) and/or Mathematics operational tests via computer. As part of that administration our vendor, Questar Assessment Inc., has made available the student constructed responses for any parent requests. To access the student responses, please follow the following steps:
- Log into the Nextera Admin application for the appropriate school and choose “Spring 2017 3-8” as the test window.
- Navigate to the Students tab.
- District Test Coordinator (DTC), School Test Coordinator (STC) and Principals have access to this page.
- Search for the student in the list of students.
- Click on the View button for that student.
- Click on the View Constructed Responses button for the appropriate content area (ELA or Math) on the View Student page.
- A printable view of all of the student’s constructed responses for that content area will open in the browser. The user can decide to view on the screen or print a PDF.
- Click Print to print a paper copy of the report.
If you need additional guidance or have any questions concerning accessing student constructed responses via Nextera Admin, please contact Questar’s Customer Support Center by phone at 866-997-0695, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional details can be found in an article in the FAQ section: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115003215303.