Agenda: CBT Winter Roadshows/Training Sessions, January 30-February 14
For more information, please visit the article about registration with locations and dates to sign up to attend a CBT winter training session this winter. The training sessions are intended to prepare all test administrators for CBT this spring with specific focus on setting up students, classes, accommodations and more in the Nextera Admin system.
9:00am – 9:30am
- NYSED's overview of computer-based testing (CBT) and the NYS CBT initiative
- Review timelines and testing windows
9:30am – 11:30am
- Overview of Questar’s platforms
- CBT Technical Requirements: in this section, we will cover device use, technical readiness and internet connectivity.
- Nextera Test Delivery System: we will walk through the student experience, from downloading and using the secure browser all the way to submitting the test successfully.
- Nextera Admin: whether you need to set up a new account or assign students to a class, this section will cover everything that an administrator needs to know to prepare for testing day.
11:30am – 12:00pm
- Review of new features: We have listened to your feedback and have implemented new features in both the Test Delivery System and Nextera Admin.
BREAK FOR LUNCH (One Hour, 12:00pm-1:00pm)
- Live demonstration on key tasks in Nextera Admin.
- CBT Round Table Discussion: While NYSED will have a list of “hot topics” for CBT that were gathered from the field within the past year, this will be a Q&A discussion where attendees are encouraged to ask NYSED questions and share their own CBT experiences.