10/1/18: This article has been updated for the 2018-19 school year.
Questar is advising that the Questar Secure Browsers available now on Nextera Admin are the current browsers that our schools will use to prepare for the 2019 test administration. We will provide additional guidance in January of each year as to the final Questar Secure Browser versions for the spring administration.
Below is guidance on maintaining current Questar Secure Browsers on student testing devices followed by a Secure Browser version table with release notes to highlight what's new with the current Secure Browser versions.
Districts and schools can begin now to update Questar Secure Browsers on student testing devices to prepare for the 2019 test administration. Students should be practicing using the Nextera Test Delivery System (TDS) online tools and navigation with the most recent Secure Browser versions.
- While there is no requirement for a manual uninstall and re-install process for the Questar Secure Browsers this year, we HIGHLY recommend that you go through an uninstall and re-install process to ensure that all student testing devices have been properly updated and received any Secure Browser updates delivered automatically to the application.
- This is a technical best practice for CBT.
- Please check on Nextera Admin in the Help>Downloads section to confirm that your school has the latest Secure Browsers and go through the uninstall and re-install process if your student testing devices need to be updated to current Secure Browser versions.
- Some districts/schools may need to allow for automatic updates of the Questar Secure Browser through their multiple device management (MDM) systems to ensure they have the most up-to-date Secure Browsers.
- Note that the Nextera Setup & Installation Guide includes all supported operating system and device versions as well as other system information in Appendix B for “System Requirements.”
Questar Secure Browser Release Notes
Reminder: in early January of every school year, we will review the Secure Browsers to verify final updates/versions. If needed, we will then have another version of secure browsers available in January.
|Device Type||Browser Version||Release Notes 2019|
Allow key combination to change keyboard to alternate language*
*Update will support alternate language response entry when Google allows foreign language keyboard support in Kiosk mode.
We recommend an uninstall & re-install process for all Secure Browsers to ensure that automatic updates have been successfully delivered to all student testing devices.
No updates at this time.
MAC devices do not update automatically. You must go through the uninstall & re-install process for all Secure Browsers to ensure that automatic updates have been successfully delivered to all student testing devices.
Windows devices do not update automatically. You must go through the uninstall & re-install process for all Secure Browsers to ensure that automatic updates have been successfully delivered to all student testing devices.