The requirements and guidelines for administering computer-based tests (CBT) are available on the CBT Technology Readiness Checklist. For the third year this spring, districts/schools can choose to administer computer-or paper-based tests in the NYSED online examination request system this fall. The following details about ordering may help you to prepare for ordering your computer-based tests:
- When submitting orders, schools will have the option to choose the test format (computer or paper) by subject and grade level.
- When selected computer, all students in a selected subject/grade will take the test on computer.
- Schools that order CBT for any subjects/grade levels will provide their Lead Scoring Entity during the ordering process:
- Schools that choose CBT but do not input their Lead Scoring Entity during the ordering process will be marked as "pending" in the ordering system until the Lead Scoring Entity is submitted by the school.
- NYSED's Office of State Assessment will try to contact any schools that order CBT and have a "pending" status to update their Lead Scoring Entity before the ordering system closes.
- Schools will verify Technology Readiness to administer CBT on Nextera Admin, the CBT administration website provided by Questar
- All students in a selected subject/grade, excepting those requiring a testing accommodation that is not available in CBT, will take the test on computer.
- When ordering operational tests, schools will also select format (paper/computer) for stand-alone field testing
- Decisions from 2017 and 2018 do not affect decisions for 2019, except that the lead scoring entity from a previous CBT administration will appear as the default lead scoring entity for the 2019 tests. (Schools will be able to update the lead scoring entity for 2019 CBT scoring if there has been a change.)
For more information about the Lead Scoring Entity, please review the article about lead scoring entities.
For the CBT Technology Readiness requirements and guidelines, please see the CBT Technology Readiness Checklist on CBT Support.