There are five scoring vendors who currently work with New York State schools to score tests, including for computer-based testing. If a CBT school has a contract for CBT scoring with one of the vendors, the school will be able to select the vendor as a "Lead Scoring Entity" in the NYSED online examination request system when ordering CBT. The five vendors include the following:
- Educational Vista's, Inc. (Ed Vistas) (BEDS Code: 990000000011)
- Optimum Solutions Corporation (OSC) (BEDS Code: 990000000012)
- NY Premier Assessment Services, Inc. (BEDS Code: 990000000013)
- Strategic Measurement and Evaluation, Inc. (SME) (BEDS Code: 990000000015)
- Questar Assessment Inc. (BEDS 990000000014)
NYSED created BEDS Codes for the scoring vendors to ensure that CBT constructed responses are routed to the correct Lead Scoring Entity in ScorePoint.
- Can paper-based testing (PBT) scoring and computer-based testing (CBT) scoring be held in the same room?
- Why do I see Scoring Consortia details when ordering CBT?
- What is the Lead Scoring Entity for CBT Scoring?
- Why do CBT scorers have to identify their home school affiliation in ScorePoint?
- Video & Presentation: ScorePoint CBT Training Webinar, 2019 (March 18, 2019)