CBT Weekly Update Call, 9/29/17
Today is Day Three of the CBT Fall Presentation Sessions; Heather is in Buffalo at WNYRIC this morning.
- The sessions have gone really well with great conversations and even some good suggestions for enhancements.
- As a reminder, there is still space for two of next week’s presentation sessions at Eastern Suffolk (Monday), Mid-Hudson (Tuesday).
After the CBT Fall Tour ends, we will share FAQs and also other interesting information shared from our operational schools who attended the sessions. Themes are already developing at the presentations!
- Please let any Capital Region schools that still want to attend the presentation but missed the NERIC registration for 10/4 that there is another repeat performance on October 26th at NERIC
- (Registration is available by writing to CBT Support, NERIC staff, or by registering through the current form online—10/4 has been replaced by 10/26 as the registration option for NERIC).
The presentation slides for the CBT Fall Presentation Sessions are posted online at CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115004938723-Presentation-Regional-CBT-Fall-Presentation-Sessions-September-27-October-4-2017-.
- For those schools who want to see how they will order CBT and indicate Lead Scoring Entity in the ordering system, you can see three screen shots of new ordering system features in the presentation slides.
- Please remind districts to review their District Test Coordinator role to make sure it is updated in SEDREF (https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/216061243-How-do-I-change-the-District-Test-Coordinator-DTC-for-my-district-).
- Please remind your districts and schools about the Statewide Webinar on October 18th—this is a great opportunity for those who could not attend a CBT Fall Presentation Session in person to ask NYSED questions. We want our new-to-CBT schools to feel supported!
- Please encourage any CBT Schools to sign up to the CBT Listserv where we will share new content added to CBT Support and remind districts and schools about CBT deadlines: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001183923-Computer-Based-Testing-CBT-Listserv
- Registration for Statewide Webinar is online at CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115004706003-Registration-Statewide-CBT-Fall-Presentation-Webinar
- NYSED online examination request system will open in 1-2 weeks and schools ordering CBT need to start making Scoring Consortia and Lead Scoring Entity decisions.
CBT Scoring, From Slide 24 in the Fall Tour presentation:
Scoring Consortia: relationship among at least three different schools or where a Regional Scoring Center is bringing together educators from at least three different schools to score CBT constructed responses using ScorePoint.
Lead Scoring Entity: the name and BEDS Code of the school, district, BOCES, or scoring vendor that will be responsible for conducting scoring activities with educators from a minimum of three schools.
- A school can have a different Lead Scoring Entity for ELA and Math.