CBT Weekly Update Call, 10/6/17
The NYSED online examination request system is open for schools to order computer-based tests!
- The ordering memo went out yesterday and is also posted to CBT Support in “Communications”: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115005075146
- If schools need to be reminded of information about the Lead Scoring Entity, they should review slides from the CBT Fall Presentation Sessions: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115004938723, contact their RIC, or the Office of State Assessment through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve posted an article with the names of the Scoring Vendors in NYS: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115005062726
- We have added Questar to that list. Previously, Questar has managed paper scoring in NYS, but, as they are the developer of ScorePoint, they have experience using ScorePoint and can also handle CBT scoring for CBT schools.
We are working on specifics regarding when passwords change for student login tickets and have asked Questar to confirm the following scenarios and then create an FAQ to provide better information about student password changes after login tickets are available in Nextera Admin:
- Once a student is assigned to a class and test logins are available, does her username and password change?
- Once a student is assigned to a class with visible test logins and a student testing accommodation is added to the student, does the password change?
- If a student who is assigned to a class with visible test logins and has a NEW accommodation set, does the password change?
- If a student who is assigned to a class with visible test logins is moved to a different class, does the password change?
- If a student logs into the test and then needs a form reset to add an accommodation for that student, does the password change?
Please remind districts and schools to sign up for the Statewide Webinar on October 18: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115004706003,
Questions from the Field / Answers from NYSED:
1. Can the RIC/BOCES parent relationship be added to the DTC list that is posted to CBT Support (that shows district test coordinators and their districts)?
- The IRS office that creates this report is investigating.