CBT Weekly Updates Call, 10/13/17
- The ordering system is open! And we have more than 50 schools that have ordered CBT.
- We are working on our process to add the RIC/L1 to the CBT schools so that we can start to provide CBT order files to our RICs that are supporting their CBT schools.
- Statewide Webinar on Wednesday, October 18th: remind your districts and schools to register: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115004706003
- After registering, users receive an email confirmation with the Go To Webinar link to join the webinar.
- We will also post the webinar link on CBT Support 24 hours before the webinar (we understand that email can get caught in spam filters).
- Additional presentation at NERIC on 10/26: due to popular demand for the NERIC location during the CBT Fall Tour, we are offering a second presentation to repeat the content on October 26th.
- If you have schools/districts that were unable to attend the last two weeks and they are convenient to NERIC, please do suggest they register and attend: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z3VZNYP
- Adding FAQs as we can to CBT Support: we will send out news to the CBT Listserv this afternoon about new FAQs added to CBT Support (Translated CBT tests, Scoring Vendors, and more.)
- CBT Support for Grades 3-8: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/categories/201173603
- Data Wipe: we still do not have firm dates on this from Questar. We will keep you posted.
- There are a lot of moving parts with this process this year, which is taking more time to plan carefully.
- CBT Technology Readiness Checklist timeframes: it is looking like the CBT Technology Readiness for schools that order CBT will launch in November as we are planning to add another enhancement to the verification—we’ll keep you posted on dates.
- We are looking to add fields for a principal to indicate the type of CBT devices and operating system with an indication of the anticipated number of devices.
Reminder about the Secure Browser and January updates: please remind schools that are new to CBT and have not installed the Secure Browser for the 2018 test administration to wait until we advise in January that it’s time to install and test the Nextera Secure Browsers.
- One update that Questar is making is to collect device information to assist with troubleshooting and support (see table below).
Student data: reminder of the deadline for getting student data updated in L2: we suggested during the roadshows is December 5-15th.
Collection of Device Use: the primary purpose is to assist with customer support for our NYS schools.
The High-Level CBT timeline has been posted on CBT Support in the "Resources" section.