9/30/19: This manual has been updated for the 2019-20 School Year.
11/18/19: Newly added updates.
1/14/2020: Newly added updates.
The Nextera Setup & Installation Guide for the 2019-20 school year has been released by Questar and is available for download from this article. This guide provides instructions for schools to assist with downloading, installing, and testing the Questar Secure Browser on student testing devices, including Chromebooks, Windows machines, Mac computers, and iPads.
Schools can wait until January each school year to update existing Secure Browsers. The NYSED CBT Team will release information in January when the Questar Secure Browser versions are final for the spring CBT administration.
New updates to the guide or changes for the Questar Secure Browser installation for this year include the following:
- Touchscreen devices are supported however, flipped-screen tablet mode for 2:1 device is not supported for operational CBT. Students may use the standard laptop mode for 2:1 devices.
- Electro-magnetic resonance (EMR) digital pens are not supported.
- Windows 7 has been dropped as a supported OS.
- There are new steps for disabling Alexa/Cortana on Windows
- There are new steps for disabling Siri on iOS
- We have updated the system requirements in Appendix B and are providing updated FAQs to assist with common inquiries when installing the Secure Browsers.
- Updated supported OS information for Macs and iPads (Pg. 57)
- Replaces the Proctor Pin screenshot with updated version to reflect 2020 spring administration. (Pg. 63)
- Information on USB iPad mouse (Pg. 48)
- Updated Windows Push Installation Process (Pg. 17)
- Additional Files for Downloading and Installing the Questar Secure Browser on Windows and Mac Devices
- What are the current versions of the Questar Secure Browsers on each allowable testing device for CBT?
- What student testing devices are allowed for the CBT 2020 test administration?