Roadshows kick off next week!
- We still have available seating at nearly all locations:
- NERIC is closed!
- SCRIC only has a few seats left!
Update on Text-to-Speech in conjunction with the online highlighter tool:
- When the robots are reading the TTS exam to the student, the words on the page are highlighted during the reading.
- This “highlighting” is the same “functionality pathway” that the student’s online highlighter uses.
- For this reason, a student cannot highlight words in a passage or test question WHILE the robots are reading the TTS exam to the student.
- The student will need to pause the robot reading and then use the online highlighter tool in the Nextera Secure Browser.
- Upon discussion about this functionality with Questar, we realize that some of the feedback we received last year (complaints) may have been related to this scenario.
- We will make this functionality constraint clear this year.
- We have asked Questar to investigate decoupling these two “highlighter” features for next year.
Equation Editor and Show Your Work: we’ve received a few email to CBT Support about how students will show their work in CBT versus PBT.
- The Scoring Materials are the best resource for reviewing how student’s in last year’s exams showed their work: https://www.engageny.org/resource/released-2017-3-8-ela-and-mathematics-state-test-questions.
- You can find examples in every grade of exemplary papers that show PBT and CBT.
- Reminder: the scoring rubrics are exactly the same between PBT and CBT.