CBT Weekly Updates Call, 3/23/18
Student Data Advisement:As RICs, you should be advising schools on how to handle students for unassigned and Not Tested Codes.
- Ask if any students should fall into the “Unassigned” container.
- Ask after the correct Not Tested codes to use in various CBT situations.
RICs can now complete district moves for students—we are waiting on a Quick Reference Guide or PPT documentation from Questar to assist with how-to steps.
- Basically: this occurs from the Student Details page by changing the district and school for the student in the district/school of record fields.
- A best practice is to continue keeping the details in a tracking spreadsheet that we’ve seen some of you are using that includes the required information we’d requested for emails to CBT Support about district moves.
New Student Data District Upload: we plan to release this to RIC-Level Users on Monday, 3/26.
- We are still working on documentation, which will be available from the Pre-ID Upload page.
- I will email the district upload templates (there are two) to the RIC Working Group colleagues.
The “Sad Face” error that some students experienced when using the Equation Editor has been fixed.
Our next focus will be on fixing copy/paste. We will post new updates to CBT Support in the Secure Browser Updates 2018 section.
We have concerns that schools may not be updating their Secure Browsers or not keeping their operating systems fresh: please try to run communication campaigns to make sure your schools’ tech is fresh!
Proctor Webinar video is posted: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360001978551-Video-Presentation-CBT-Proctor-Webinar-March-21-2018
ScorePoint training video will be posted today: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360002147992-Video-CBT-ScorePoint-Statewide-Webinar-March-22-2018
We are trying to plan an Operational ELA Best Practices webinar, but we are having scheduling issues with spring breaks.
- Stay tuned for more information--we may only have time to develop a video and PPT slides to share on CBT Support.
- We would invite principals and DTCs for operational CBT ELA to attend.
Student Login tickets can be printed! Please note the following guidelines and be sure to use the Chrome browser for Nextera Admin:
- Login Tickets should not print login tickets until they have done the following:
- Organized CBT in exactly the way they want to test students in Nextera Admin
- Set student testing accommodations for students
- Have a plan to lock up the secure materials!
- Have a plan to distribute the secure materials on the day of each test session.