Questar completed the upload and verification of student data to Nextera Admin for our schools that will be field testing on computers this spring. The stand-alone field tests (SAFT) assignments can be located on the Office of State Assessment website (letters with SAFT assignments were also sent directly to principals in March, 2018).
Last week, Questar completed the activation of principal and district test coordinator accounts for schools that are new to CBT for SAFT. If you have not received your "Welcome to Nextera" email with login credentials, please contact Questar Customer Support.
Schools should work on the following activities to prepare for CBT SAFT:
- Review training materials on CBT Support to become familiar with the computer-based testing software components and administration workflows
- Download, install, and test the Nextera Secure Browser on student testing devices.
- Consider an uninstall/re-install process for the Nextera Secure Browser if you do not have the current version of the Secure Browser installed on your student testing devices (such as your Secure Browsers are from last year or a previous year's CBT administration).
- Create teacher (proctor) and technical coordinator accounts in Nextera Admin.
- Organize students into classes or assign a teacher account to the pre-id populated class in Nextera Admin:
- Note that all students were loaded into one "class container" in Nextera Admin for your school's CBT SAFT grade-level enrollment.
- Begin setting student testing accommodations.
- Consider organizing a grade-level CBT simulation with the practice tests to familiarize your students with the Nextera Test Delivery System.
If you have any questions about how to manage school and student data in Nextera Admin, you can try reviewing FAQs and CBT Resources on CBT Support. Additionally, there is information about known issues and software updates from the CBT Operational administrations on CBT Support that may be helpful for technical coordinators involved with CBT SAFT.