Spring Break and Student Response Recoveries
- Please let me know if you have districts that are going on spring break next week and are also involved with CBT and have student responses that are in recovery.
- On Wednesday, you provided me with news on recoveries in your regions—this was a helpful view of what is still outstanding.
- We are trying to keep track of schools/students that need responses recovered and escalate with Questar.
- For the last three days, we’ve asked schools that they contact us directly to have us escalate with Questar.
- Unfortunately,some schools are not receiving confirmation of recoveries completed.
- Schools are checking themselves each morning. We apologize for this gap in communication to schools about this very important process and status.
- Schools should continue to check Nextera Admin for recovered responses.
The CBT Administrator’s Survey has been posted to CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360002728592-CBT-Administrator-s-Survey-English-Language-Arts-2018
- Please do encourage schools to share their CBT experience, including their difficulties, but we also want to encourage them to share ideas about enhancements and what else they may need to improve administration of CBT in their schools.
- I will work this afternoon to arrange for feedback sessions with each RIC next week:
- Can we do Mondays and Tuesdays even though we still have make-up testing happening for students who have recovered responses?
The Lessons Learned from ELA will be on Tuesday morning, April 24, 2018 from 10-11:30
- Registration is posted on CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360002750672-Registration-Open-Lessons-Learned-Webinar-Operational-CBT-ELA-April-24-2018
- We will be hosting a session at the upcoming Personalizing Learning Conference on May 24 in Albany from 7:45 am to 3:00 Pm at the Albany Capital Center
- (NYSCATE with participation from NYSED: Personalizing Learning: Technology-Enhanced Instruction and Practices to Meet the Needs of All NYS Students)
- We are going to talk about this experience and also learn from attendees
- “What To Do When Technology Happens”
- Alternate Language for students who are also in Math: alternate languages cannot be set while the ELA test window is open.
- Will be able to set an alternate language for students who are in both the CBT ELA and Math administrations on Wednesday, May 25.
- N/A bug with forms assignment (one school has reported this): If you see this instead of the "Set" link on the Tests tab, please contact Questar Customer Support.
- Highlighter and Answer Eliminator not sticking upon pause: this was a known issue form last year and has resurfaced again this year. We will post a Known Issue about this.
- Pausing and student responses disappearing: how have your schools handled the new pause-test instruction?
- Schools that want to revert to math can do so--contact your RIC for details.