CBT Math: We are nearing the end of the CBT Math administration with very few technical issues.
- Nearly 60,000 students have tested on CBT math so far with three more days to go in the primary administration.
The only major technical issue was the alternate language accommodation that affected some students but not all students (we are still waiting on a report of students affected from Questar).
- These students were moved to paper tests.
Nextera Admin Closing for Student Data Updates: This year, the testing windows are so close that there is overlap between ELA and Math in Nextera Admin; for this reason, Nextera Admin is still open for administrators to mark Not Tested codes for ELA.
- Math (and ELA) will remain open until Wednesday, May 16th.
CBT SAFT: many users do not realize that they have to navigate to the CBT SAFT administration window on Nextera Admin:
- Why can't I see my field testing students in Nextera Admin: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360003262691
- Optional/decline guidance from the field testing assignment letters:
- A school will have been advised "Your school’s participation in this assigned CBT field test is optional" and will see an "OPT" indication in the field testing report on the Office of State Assessment.
- If your school is declining to participate in this CBT field test, please contact the Questar Customer Support via e-mail at ny.3-8.help@QuestarAI.com, or fax to 952-997-2770, by Monday, April 2, 2018. If we do not hear from your school by that date, your school will be expected to participate.