On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 10:30 am, NYSED and Questar will host an Information Webinar to provide guidance and training to any schools in New York State that are planning to participate in one or both days of the Statewide CBT Simulation. The Statewide CBT Simulation is an opportunity to conduct a "dry run" of a CBT administration in your school.
The registration for this webinar is available from the following article on CBT Support: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360021570651.
All schools in New York State, both those administering operational CBT this spring and those administering paper tests, are invited to participate in the Statewide CBT Simulations on the following days:
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 (recommended start between 8:30-9:30 am)
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 (recommended start between 8:30-9:30 am)
Information will be shared about downloading the Questar Secure Browsers, using the already-available Secure Browser practice tests to administer the simulation, creating login tickets with the already-available Secure Browser practice test usernames and passwords, best practices for administering CBT, and more.
The Statewide Webinar allows attendees from across the state to join virtually and to "chat" questions at NYSED and Questar teams to be answered in real-time during the presentation. When we notice trends or "hot topics" emerging, we will stop to have a discussion.
At the end of every Statewide Webinar, we try to take questions directly from attendees. After the webinar, we post collected questions with answers on CBT Support.
- Statewide CBT Simulation Checklist
- Registration: Information Webinar on January 30, 2019 to Help Schools Prepare for the Statewide CBT Simulations
- Statewide CBT Simulation: February & March 2019
- Secure Browser Practice Test Logins, 2018-19 School Year
- Grades 3-8 CBT Technology Readiness Requirements & Guidelines
- Nextera Setup & Installation Guide