There are additional files available on the Nextera Admin>Downloads page for use when downloading and installing the Questar Secure Browser on Windows and Mac student testing devices. Complete information about the additional files is available in the Nextera Setup & Installation Guide, available in the CBT Resources section on CBT Support.
- Windows Installation: a new Windows installer file (.mst file) must be downloaded and used for performing silent bulk installations via a Group Policy Object (GPO); the new file is available on the Nextera Admin>Downloads website page (more details available on page 16 of the Nextera Setup & Installation Guide).
- Mac Installation: a new installer file for granting accessibility permissions during installation must be downloaded and used during Mac installations of the Secure Browser; the new file is available on the Nextera Admin>Downloads website page (more details available on page 19 of the Nextera Setup & Installation Guide).
District and school technology coordinators should always review any highlighted new sections in the Nextera Setup & Installation Guide prior to installing the Questar Secure Browser on student testing devices. For assistance with downloading and installing Secure Browsers, please contact the Questar Customer Support Team: NY.email@example.com / 866-997-0695.
We recommend that all schools wait until the end of January (and notice from NYSED) to conduct a mass uninstall and re-install process for any Questar Secure Browsers in preparation for the spring CBT administration.
- Grades 3-8 CBT Technology Readiness Requirements & Guidelines
- What are the current versions of the Questar Secure Browsers on each allowable testing device for CBT?
- What student testing devices are allowed for the CBT 2019 test administration?