The status of the Nextera systems is Good.
Today is the second day of the two CBT Simulations that we are organizing throughout the state this winter. We expect even more schools throughout the state to join this morning's simulation than last week. The CBT Simulations represent a low-stakes testing experience where schools can conduct an operational CBT "dry run" to help streamline CBT operations within their schools.
Please see our posted CBT "Tech Tips" for helpful tips to assist you with ensuring a smooth CBT simulation today: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115001584586. Remember to disable screen savers on student testing devices as well as any network notifications that could pop-up to disrupt student testing by "booting" the student out of the Secure Browser practice test.
If you encounter any difficulties, you can call Questar Customer Service, as you would during an operational CBT day:
Questar Customer Service:
Remember: students will need usernames and the password "practice" to log into the Secure Browser practice tests. Below you will find the general usernames and passwords for each subject/grade level Secure Browser practice test:
- CBT ELA, Grade 3: elag03 / practice
- CBT ELA, Grade 4: elag04 / practice
- CBT ELA, Grade 5: elag05 / practice
- CBT ELA, Grade 6: elag06 / practice
- CBT ELA, Grade 7: elag07 / practice
- CBT ELA, Grade 8: elag08 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 3: mathg03 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 4: mathg04 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 5: mathg05 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 6: mathg06 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 7: mathg07 / practice
- CBT Math, Grade 8: mathg08 / practice
For testing accommodations, please see the student login ticket templates we created to assist schools.
- Resource: Templates for Creating NY Statewide CBT Simulation Student Login Tickets
- CBT Step One: Download and Install the Questar Secure Browser
- FAQ: Can students pause the CBT Simulation practice tests?
- Schools Must Use the Chrome Browser for Accessing Nextera Admin
- Statewide CBT Simulation Checklist
- Nextera Setup & Installation Guide, 2018-19 School Year