You need to select a content area, ELA or Math, from the tiny "Change" link at the top of Nextera Admin in order to create a new class. Classes must be associated to a specific content area (for the CBT Administration) in order to be created.
The content area is not set by default for the ELA and Math CBT administrations in Nextera Admin, so you will see the above pop-up error when trying to create a class without first selecting the content area.
- Click "OK" on the "Before you can continue ... " pop-up window.
- Click on the tiny "Change" link at the top of Nextera Admin.
- Select "ELA" or "Math" from the "Content Area" drop-down menu.
- Click "Change" and then try to create your new class.
- Protip: You must have a user with a "teacher" account that is active before you can create a new class. You will only see "active" teacher accounts in the "Teacher" drop-down menu when creating new classes.
Once you select the content area, ELA or Math, you will be able to successfully create a class.