1. NYSED Online Examination Request System
- System closes on 12/6/19
- Schools can place their initial requests or update their requests online until 12/6. After 12/6 schools must contact Questar directly.
- If schools update their requests, they must click the "submit & certify" button again for the update to register.
- A school's preferred field test format selection applies to both ELA and Math. Schools cannot select CBT for the ELA field test and then PBT for the math field test. The selection carries over.
- If a school is doing ELA and math by CBT, they must select a Lead Scoring Entity on both online requests. Unlike with preferred field test format, the Lead Scoring Entity selection does not carry over because a school can have a different Lead Scoring Entity for Math than they do for ELA.
- Of the CBT requests we have received so far, we do have several schools who have left their Lead Scoring Entity selection as "Pending." Schools have till 12/6 to update this online too.
- A question was addressed if the L1s will be receiving their list of schools that have ordered CBT. NYSED will be reaching out in the coming weeks with these lists
2. CBT Technology Readiness
- CBT Technology Readiness opened on Tuesday, October 1st and set to closed December 30th.
- Reminder: District Test Coordinators (DTC), Principals (PRN), District Information Technology Coordinator (DITC), and School Information Technology Coordinator (SITC), can complete technology readiness.
- DTCs and PRNs should already have access to Nextera Admin.
- It is a local decision to assign a user to be a DITC and/or SITC to help assist with the verification process.
- STC, PRN, and SUP can create a DITC and/or SITC account.
3. CBT Support Article Postings
- The updated CBT Technology Readiness Quick Reference Guide (QRG) has been posted to the CBT Support Resources Section: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115003519472.
- The QRG will be sent to Principals and District Test Coordinators (DTC) of schools that have ordered operational CBT for the spring 2020 administration.
- The updated Setup and Installation Guide (SIG) has been posted to the CBT Support in Resources Section: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/208474306.
- New updated to the guide or changes for the Questar Secure Browser installation for this year include the following:
- Touchscreen devices are supported. However, flipped-screen tablet mode for 2:1 device is not supported. Students may use the standard laptop mode for 2:1 device.
- Electro-magnetic resonance (EMR) digital pens are not supported.
- Windows 7 has been dropped as a supported OS.
- There are new steps for disabling Alexa/Cortana on Windows
- There are new steps for disabling Siri on iOS
- We have updated the system requirements in Appendix B and are the FAQs to assist with installing the Secure Browsers.
- We are still advising schools to wait until January to update their existing Secure Browser. NYSED will send a notification in January when the Questar Secure Browsers is finalized for the spring CBT administration and ready to be installed.
- An updated Events Calendar has also been posted to the CBT Support Resources Section: https://cbtsupport.nysed.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360018292991.
- This is a tentative calendar and will be updated throughout the year when we have more dates finalized.
- As a reminder, the NYSED testing scheduleis available on the Office of State Assessment website.
4. Operating Systems (OS) Versions
- There have been OS updates since CBT Technology Readiness went live and the SIG was posted.
- Questar is currently testing Mac 10.15 in beta.
- iOS 13.1 will be supported. The update is reflected on the Questar’s Test Readiness page: http://www.questarai.com/readiness/.
- NYSED and Questar will be updating the CBT Technology Readiness Checklist and the SIG.
- Windows 7 is no longer a supported Windows OS.