Upcoming Call Notifications:
- RIC/Big 5 CBT Working Group call cancelled on 11/20
- CBT Friday Updates Call cancelled on 11/29
Future Call Dates:
- RIC/Big 5 CBT Working Group call on 12/4
- CBT Friday Updates Call on 12/13
- Combined CBT Working Group and Update Call on 12/18
1. Update on ELA and Math Exam Requests
- Over 3100 schools have requested exams so far.
- Over 740 schools have requested CBT for at least one subject and grade.
- Have about 1,000 schools left to place requests.
- Schools have until 12/6 to place their requests online. After 12/6, schools must contact Questar directly.
- Sent out first reminder e-mail to schools that haven’t requested yet last Thursday. Another one will go out today and this Thursday.
NYSED will be following up with schools who requested CBT but haven’t selected a Lead Scoring Entity yet and schools that might have requested CBT for grades they do not have enrollment for. Respective Level 1s will be provided this information later this week.
2. Upcoming Data Deadlines
Dates for when data for operational CBT schools are due to the SIRS warehouse (L2) have been established. Our Office of Information and Reporting Services (IRS), will be discussing these dates on the Thursday Level 1 call.
- February 7: Operational ELA CBT program service and demographic data due to L2
- February 28: Operational Math CBT program service and demographic data due to L2
3. Upcoming New CBT Support Content
- The recording of the CBT Fall Webinar has been posted to CBT Support in the CBT Resources section.
- The webinar’s FAQ will be posted soon.
- The Setup & Installation Guide (SIG) has been updated with new support for Apple iPads and MacBook.
- Updated Nextera Admin Tutorials coming soon
- Updated instructional PowerPoints coming soon
- The CBT Winter Training Sessions Registration page will be posted by the end of this week. All updates to CBT Support content will be shared via the CBT Listserv
4. Update on CBT Technology Readiness
- The deadline to complete the checklist and submit verification through Nextera Admin is Monday, December 30, 2019. Please note any school that fails to verify by this deadline will be reverted to paper-based testing.
NYSED will begin making reminder calls after Thanksgiving break to schools that have not yet completed technology readiness.