For students who make use of the Test Read student testing accommodation, there are two different delivery methods on computer for the spring 2018 test administration:
- The computer reads the test to the student who is testing on computer
- A human reads the test to the student who is testing on computer
Last spring, Questar released an update to the Nextera Admin testing accommodations features to allow for selection of "Read Aloud (by human)" for students who will make use of a human reader while testing on computer.
The following table shows the options for delivery of the Test Read student testing accommodation:
Important: If a school that is administering a content area and grade by CBT, decides to administer the test read accommodation to its students by Test Read (paper only) or Read Aloud (by human), the school must request “Test Read” copies in the online examination request system. The Test Read paper copies are Form A of the ELA and Math exams.
The school may need to make an "Additional Materials Order" request to Questar in order to ensure they have print test copies on-hand for human readers when students are testing on computer.
- Video Presentation: Spring 2019 CBT Online Testing Tools and Testing Accommodations
- Documentation: Text-to-Speech (TTS) Quick Reference Guide
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) Player Functionality
- Documentation: How to set student testing accommodations for CBT
- How do we request a paper test for our CBT grade level after the ordering system is closed?