Grades 3-8 ELA and Math Computer-Based Testing
This support section includes all collected FAQs, helpful CBT resources, all presentations provided to the field, Quick Links to important CBT manuals, and more. You can create an account on CBT Support to "Follow" a section to receive new content alerts delivered to your email inbox. If you have any questions about the Computer-Based Testing program, you can send an email to email@example.com. Additional support is available through Questar’s Help Desk. You can contact Questar at NY.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-997-0695.
NEW UPDATES/ANNOUNCEMENTS 2023
- ★ NEW! 2022-223 New York State Grades 3-8 ELA and Math Computer-Based Testing Proctor Training
- ★ Concurrent Logins - Quick Reference Guide
- ★ Nextera Setup & Installation Guide, 2022-23 School Year
- ★ Monthly Events Calendar for CBT 2022-23 School Year
- ★ Contacting Questar and NYSED during Operational CBT
- Styluses Versus Digital Pens
- ★ Spring Training 2023: NYS Grades 3-8 ELA and Math CBT
- ★ Getting Started Tips: I am new to CBT, where do I begin?
- ★ Nextera Admin Roles & Responsibilities
- ★ What are the current versions of the Questar Secure Browsers on each allowable testing device for CBT?
- ★ Questar Secure Browser Practice Test Logins
- ★ Best Practices: Computer-Based Testing "Tech Tips"
Statewide CBT Simulations
- ★ Videos & Presentations: 2022-23 NYS Grades 3-8 ELA and Math Computer-Based Testing Simulation Training
- ★ Statewide CBT Simulation Checklist
- ★ Quick Reference Guide: Computer-Based Testing Simulation Guide, 2022-23
- ★ Preparation for the Simulation – Student Data
- ★ Resource: Simulation Test Read Copies for Read Aloud (by human)
CBT Quick Links
CBT Video Tutorials/ Trainings
- ★ Video: Learn how to Download and Test the Questar Secure Browser
- ★ Video: Learn about Nextera Admin Features & Functionality
- ★ Video: Learn how to add New Users in Nextera Admin
- ★ Video: Learn how to edit and add Students in Nextera Admin
- ★ Video: Learn how to edit and add Classes in Nextera Admin
- ★ Video: Learn How to Use the CBT Equation Editor Drawing Tool
Frequently Asked Questions, 3-8 Computer-Based Testing
- ★ How do I update the District Test Coordinator in Nextera Admin?
- ★ What student testing devices are allowed for the CBT 2022-23 test administrations?
- How do I move a student from one class to another class within my school?
- How can parents view their student's Constructed Responses (CRs) for CBT?
- How do I contact my Regional Information Center (RIC) or Big 5 District Testing Department?
- How can students play specific words or sections of a passage or question with Text-to-Speech?
ScorePoint: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Lead Scoring Entity for CBT Scoring?
- Can paper-based testing (PBT) scoring and computer-based testing (CBT) scoring be held in the same room?
- Is any student personally identifiable information (PII) visible to scorers?
- Can my scoring location have more than one Scoring Director?
- What do scorers see when scoring student responses for CBT Math?
- How do we install ScorePoint for computer-based scoring?
Communications, 3-8 Computer-Based Testing
- ★ Memo: Procedures for Requesting, Shipping, and Storing of Materials for the Spring 2022 Administration of the NYS Grades 3-8 English Language Arts and Mathematics Tests and the Grade 4 Elementary-Level and Grade 8 Intermediate-Level Science Tests
- Memo, Spring 2021 Grades 3–8 English Language Arts and Mathematics Tests
- Memo, Procedures for Requesting, Shipping, and Storing of Materials for the Spring 2021 Administration of the New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts and Mathematics Tests and Information on Computer-Based Testing for Spring 2021
- Memo, Procedures for Requesting, Shipping, and Storing of Materials for the Spring 2020 Administration of the New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts and Mathematics Tests and Information on Computer-Based Testing and Field Testing for Spring 2020
- Sign Up for New Content Alerting on CBT Support: "Follow" Feature